Thursday, October 30, 2014

My Dream US-based Vacation with Relay Rides

The United States is probably one of the most diverse countries in the world and I’ve been fortunate enough to have seen much of the country on a number of past road trips. In 2009, I traveled to Las Vegas and did a little side road trip into the desert for a couple of days and visited the Grand Canyon. It was a memorable trip but I felt like it was rushed and I didn’t get to see as much of the area as I would’ve liked. That is why I’m choosing Las Vegas, Nevada as my dream US-based vacation through RelayRides . No, I am not particularly interested in gambling or partying it up on The Strip; I’m more interested in hopping in a car and driving off into the desert.

RelayRides is a peer-to-peer rental company that allows car owners to list their car for travelers to rent. This allows travelers to have a wide selection of vehicles to choose from at a lower cost than traditional car rental companies.

In my opinion, there is only one way to cruise the desert so that is why I would rent the Ford Mustang convertible. The last time I rented a car and drove off into the desert, I had a friend with me but this time I would like to do it solo. Just me and the open road…and that beautiful convertible. I would leave the city just as the sun is rising over the desert and drive off into the unknown. I would get lost a bit, drive down lonely side roads, explore the rugged and desolate backcountry, drive down the Extraterrestrial Highway, explore The Valley of Fire and eventually end up at the Grand Canyon. Last time I was at the Canyon, I saw a small portion of it. This time I would like to see much more of it. Not only would I drive around it and explore on my own but I would like to also embark on some guided tours that involve mule rides, hiking or camping in the Canyon. The other reason why I would love to do this trip is because it has special meaning to me. Right before my mom suddenly passed away, she was planning a similar trip of her own to the Grand Canyon area but she didn’t get to do it. When I was going through her belongings, I found the itinerary she had made of her proposed trip and vowed to do that trip in her honor. And if time allows, I may even take a trip down famous Route 66!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...