Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Book Review - How to Travel the World on $50 A Day

How to Travel the World on $50 A Day
By Matt Kepnes

















I just finished reading this book and, I must say, it was quite informative. The title of the book makes it sound like it is geared towards travelers who want to do a single trip around the world. However, even though I am not particularly interested in traveling all around the world in one trip, the book is broken down into sections that explain how you can save money on every continent and in various countries and cities in multiple trips if you so choose.

How to Travel the World on $50 a Day: Travel Cheaper, Longer, Smarter


The book included a number of chapters concerning valuable information for travelers including:
-Getting Over Your Fears
-Is Travel Really Too Expensive
-Banking Overseas
-Getting the Right Credit Card
-Airline Tickets
-Buying a Backpack
-Travel Insurance
-Get a Travel Discount Card
-What to do with your Stuff
-The Savings Mind-set
-Tips for Saving Money on Accommodations
-Tips for Saving Money of Food and Beverages
-Tips for Saving Money on Transportation
-Tips for Saving Money on Activities


The book continues into another series of chapters on various continents with sub-chapters on various countries located on those continents and breaks down costs for virtually everything in every location including meals, hostels, hotels, activities and transportation. The reader also discovers which countries are the most expensive and which ones are the cheapest.


After reading this book, I have come to realize that my fears about long-term travel have been ill-founded. I can now see that it is more possible than I ever dreamed and is something that is completely achievable in my lifetime…and that is good news because it is something I have always planned to do, it’s just that now I have a clearer vision of how I will make that happen!

This book is perfect for any traveler whether you are planning to travel to just one country, planning to explore an entire continent or embarking on an epic around the world journey. Trust me, you will be inspired to sell your belongings, pack your bags and embark on that once-in-a-lifetime trip you have been dreaming about for years!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...